Saturday, September 1, 2012

To begin with an IDEA.


How many of you is creative, have ideas all the time and unique project in your mind that you want develop? I do. This blog will be a journey about developing my ideas into real businesses. I have a lot of ideas on my mind, but my problem is that I know nothing about business. Well, yeah, I read books, and I am studying Music Business, but the truth is that I do not know how to develop my ideas.
I will based all my blog in a few ideas, but usually will be the same all the time. Unfortunately, I cannot tell anything about the ideas itself. I will talk about the process developing them. You should not expect a knowledgeable language and words of businesses. I will do my best, but I am pretty sure that each post it will be more knowledgeable.
To start with this post, I would like to tell you something. The 99% of entrepreneurs businesses ideas FAILS. Yes, I was shocked when I read it in a book called "The Lean Startup'' by Eric Ries. By the way, I started reading it one week ago, and it is super interesting. Once I read that, all you want to do is give up with your ideas. I mean, just 1% per cent of Ideas ends up successfully. Can you think about all the people that dedicated years and years in their ideas, and FAILED? Can you think about the investments on those ideas? It is impressive, but true. But let me tell you something that thought, just came for one second. There is no way I will give up, because I believe in my ideas more than anything. If any of you, before starting anything, want to give up already, there is no way you will success. Fight for your dreams and for what you believe.
My first post will be about Ideas:
I would like to talk about ideas in general. If you have ideas, the first thing you have to do is write them down. I always carry something with me to write down if it needed it. I have been told that for people the best moment to have ideas is at night. PLEASE! Have a paper and a pen on your nightstand, so if you have an idea, you can write it down, otherwise you will fall sleep and forget it. In my case, I never have ideas on my bed. I have ideas when I do things, when I am five hours by my own and all I do is thinking. I love thinking, I love finding solution to everything, and I even love more finding better ways to do things than what it is now. For example, if I am watching a T.V. show, I always think about I will add this, and I will do this differently. As you can see, most of the ideas come when you are alone and have time to think. This is one of the reasons, there are just a really few thinkers compared to workers. People works, and do activities all day so they do not have a lot of time to think.  So I would recommend you to try to have some time by your own everyday, you need it.
To end my first post, as I mentioned before, I am reading "The Lean Startup'' by Eric Ries. It is a really easy book to read, that all entrepreneurs should read. As I mentioned, I have very low business knowledge, other than my dad’s companies, I do not know more about it. And I understand everything that it is written in the book. I mean, English is my third language, if I understand it, I am sure everyone can do it as well. Eric Ries gives a clear and easy understandable examples based on his experiences that make this book be mandatory to read for people in my situation. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting with lots of good tips. I am incredibly forgetful so having a notepad around all the time to write down any ideas that i may have would probably help me in the future. Good information!

    ReplyDelete